Wednesday, February 28, 2007

protégé


BEAUTIFUL

That's the word I use to describe the movie. Don't ask me why, I somehow came to that conclusion once the movie was over.

Some say it nice, some says it boring, but I find it really worth watching. It is both meaningful and insightful. One can learn a lot if you look through the given plot. There's just so much you can decipher from this movie! I, for one, have been enlightened on various ideas.


It blends powerful emotions and an amazing story together wonderfully well ~ almost artistic! To some, I may be exaggerating, but I honestly feel this movie deserves more than just a praise!!


And, I have to agree with my friend who I watched with, the actors and actresses were superb in the movie ! I especially liked Louis Koo's acting though, so convincing in his role :p


A part from the overall movie that I like, is how the director portrayed several views on drugs from both dealer and user alike. It's as if he wants people to fully understand the profits dealers make, and how much an addict suffer, covering just the tip of the iceberg of troubles endured.

From other perspectives, it also shows how much a person can suffer out of loneliness, the dark side of human nature, self-sacrifice of a mother for her child, human ignorance of others, illogical fear for greed, etc etc etc...


Overall, I think that this movie is worth watching. I've watched it twice so far, and for each of the time I watched it, I manage to learn something new from it, seeing the movie whole from a different outlook each time. So, for those who've not watched it, I suggest to catch it before they remove from the cinema :p

Ohh, and just to enlighten you guys about what the meaning of the word protégé:

A person who receives support and protection from an influential patron who furthers the protege's career.


Lastly, an attachment of the trailer just for the fun of it. Enjoy !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna watch but .... I think I'll just get the DVD

Olivia Seng said...

I have to agree with u Joshua.
It's one of the best movie i've ever watched too.
Love that movie and that is why i gave this movie 4 stars over 5.
So far, no movie can out beat Blood Diamond, i think it is still the best i've ever watched!!

Josh said...

I usually don't like saying anything about movies, but this movie was really nice, it provoked me to say something!!

Well, and the fact I had nothing to post about at that time XD

MatsuoKumiko said...

ARGHZ...I wanna watch...DANIEL WU tooo....I heard a lot of good comments on this movie, but it didn't reflect well to the critics..Oh well, I'll just have to watch it myself to jugde it myself.

PS: JW, get the DVD, then lend me. ;)