Sunday, September 16, 2007

Life in college is about to end ...

With around 2 months more till the end of the exam of my final semester in college, it's just a matter of weeks till the end of my official education. With that, I'd be starting work, and kissing my life of studies in formal institutions good bye ~

I can't help but to reminiscent about the past.. the times in college, the strangers I met who became friends, the experiences I went through which became memories, the failures which were engraved into the walls of the mind, and the successes which were immortalized ... okay, I'm being overly dramatic, but you get the picture.

It's basically turning over a new leaf... wiping clean the whiteboard of our life... starting anew in a new chapter of our life story. but during these times, you'll pause to look back at what you've written so far.

My life in my current college was not as bright as in my previous college. I admit, it's mostly my fault as I'm quick to adapt, but poor at adapting... I tend to compare myself and adapt to the closest I'm with, and once done, I seldom change as long as my environment stays. Long story short, I should have changed with the times...

Anyways, over the last... 3 years I've been with basically the same group of friends, friends which helped me though problems in class, friends who'd hang out together for movies, friends who share the same interests in hobbies and things of interests.... okay, I'm starting my drama-ish talk again... I can't help it..

It's been quite a journey through college years ~ a colourful one at that, though not fulfilling... but no regrets. I'll admit I didn't do my best in terms of academic achievement, but what I lacked in that, I covered up in social activities. I was relatively quiet during my secondary years, so it was a big change for me during college. Of course, this doesn't mean I was good in studies then as well.....

One thing I hear from friends who are currently working, is always to enjoy as much as you can during college life; cuz once you start working, you'll have no time for anything. You'll look back at adore the time you had then... and dread at the time you're working. You'll be like a mindless machine working in the corporate lines of factories, only feeding the corrupt and the evil .. !!! oops, went too far....

But basically, college is meant to be a colourful life, a time of social activities and studies, and time of mixing around. At least, the way I saw it.

It's been a wonderful college life, though it could have been better. Although I'd dread to leave this chapter of my life, I'm really looking forward in charting the routes for my new journey through the atlas of the open future which lies ahead of me!!

No comments: