Friday, March 16, 2007

Sorry for my absence ~

I've been absent for quite awhile from blogging thanks to a new addiction I got in one game... A friend which I really want to "thank you" for introducing to me... =.="

Anyways, it's a game which I'm sure many will have heard of but might not know (and to those who do, might think it's really childish).



Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)



Well, basically it's a harvesting RPG game. The thing you gotta do is like what the title suggest; harvesting. You have to mend a run-down harm to optimal profit by farming, and raring animals. You can interact with the town folks and well, ultimately get married :p

It's a really simple game really, but as all simple games, it can be really addictive... as I've learnt..





Now, from the game though, a thought, or pondering if you will, came across my mind. I think that those who are good at games, can actually be good at almost anything.

I mean think about it: To be good at a game, you must be, more often than not, goal-oriented, you must have extremely good reflexes to those real-time games, you must have superior strategies and tactics to outsmart your opponent, and for those team-play, you must be extremely well in managing or co-operating with your team members.

Now, with all these skills at hand, virtually any job/ career needs these qualities in the workforce. With team-play, you get great team-members or group leaders, with goal-orientation, you get great task accomplishers, with superior strategies, you get great planners or business people.

So, why I ask, do our guardians/ parents should stop their children (or even us for that matter) from playing more console/pc games ? It enhances all these soft skills which would be crucial for us in the future !!


So I say, play more games, it'll be good for your careers !!!







Disclaimer: I will not be responsible for any loss of sight or hearing or any physical/ mental damages from what I said above. I will also not be responsible for any loss of life, whether spiritual or social, for any who takes heed of what I said. Any loss of current jobs/ careers or bad result, well, I definitely will not be responsible for as well. Do it at your own risk, basically.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but how many gamers actually convert those qualities and use them in real life?

I see most gamers only show those qualities in gaming-mode, whereas in real life?

just from what I've seen so far :)

Tze Lun said...

Harvest Moon!!!

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature was one of my favourites back in the PSX-era hahaha!

Josh said...

tze lun: Yea, same with me, that's why I got immediately addicted when I played this one hehehe XD

jeewang: Yea, that's true, generally, what I'm trying to say is that gaming is what almost everyone like to do, it is something that can improve all those traits I mentioned. But of course, it's still up to a individual to actually use those traits elsewhere, haha. I'm just saying gamers have the potential :p