Sunday, October 07, 2007

An interesting concept...

Went out for practically the whole day today, hanged out in the Bukit Bintang area with a friend whom I've never seen for quite some time.



For dinner, we went to a what I think is a newly opened cafe in Times Square. It's called the Gasoline Cafe. It's basically a restaurant which serve food somewhat like Kim Gary and Wong Kok. The biggest difference, however, is their concept; their interior layout and choice of dining err... equipments. And yes, what you saw in the background of the 1st picture are indeed wheelbarrows.



I don't quite understand their concept... except probably they're trying to potray a distant past. The seating outside, as you can see, they use wheelbarrows, inside potrayed somewhat of a dinosaur age-like environment.



It was a fresh and unique change of environment for a cafe, that is the first thing I have to say. The next is their hospitality; compared to any other shopping mall restaurants or cafe's you go to, they have by far the loudest "Welcome!" shout I've ever heard... Now, I don't really go to lots of places to eat, but this really gave me a shock when I walked in.. !



There was one part of the cafe whereby the seating was designed like... Fred Flintstone's car in the cartoon "The Flintstones". Customers have to remove their footwear before err... getting into the car to eat.



Now, their food was quite satisfying, with several types of fried rice, western style chops, drinks, and desserts. Expect to spend between Rm12-RM20 for a decent meal. Overall, it's a nice change of environment, the food is still the typical kind, but still good.



Final note, I thought their "Welcome!" was loud... until I heard the "Good-bye!!"... talk about a loud send-off...

No comments: