Friday, November 09, 2007

Out with the old and in with the....

Continuing from previous post... These are a couple of pictures of my old phone ~ My first and previous phone was the Nokia 8250.


Known by several names, i.e. the butterfly button phone and the blue phone, to name a few ~ It was the first time I owned a handphone, and, at that time of purchase, the price for a prepaid number was still expensive... But being new and all, I treasured it like my own precious baby~



After serving me for a quarter of my exisiting life, I had to unfortunately lay it to rest... it was giving some call problems months ago, but it finally reached it's limit... so I had to find a replacement... So after some reading and reviewing, I finally settled for...


*
d
r
u
m

r
o
l
l
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*

the Nokia N73 Music Edition !!


The N73 was actually a phone which I've wanted ever since it came out, but thanks to the long life of my 8250, I just waited it out, until now :p


When I first used it, I found it rather slow... I mean comparing a phone 6 years ago, with a phone which is deemed as a "computer",the comparison is rather inaccurate.. so.. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.. Apparently it's a problem with all Symbian series phones, or maybe the S60 series to be more specific.

First impression.... cool!! I like the black and silver colour combination (Nokia's Nseries special edition signature), in terms of the physical build, it's rather solid, a little long in length for my taste, but I guess it's okay ~ the keypad is rather small though.... the keys are cramped up in such a small space, those with big fingers will have toruble... but all in all, it's a nice build :p

The reason I liked the N73 initially was because of the built-in camera; It boasts a 3.2MP Carl Zeiss camera, at that time, only the N90/N93 had ~ so it was very attractive to me :p


I'm still in the midst of exploring the software portion of the phone, so I won't write anything much about it... just that it's a world of difference compared to my old phone (DUHH !!), so I'm not used to the idea of multi-tasking on a phone yet... but I'll get the hang of it, hehe.

So for now, I'll continue exploring my new found phone, and hopefully, it will keep me company for many years to come, muahahaha !!

P/S : I'll be creating a new kind of post under my blog, this is in conjuction with my new phone's cam :p I'll occasionally take some pics with the phone cam, and I'll put it up in my blog. So, hope it'll be interesting, as well as improve my photography skills, which I currently have none...

No comments: